Associate Director & Choreographer - Chrissie Cartwright
Make Up Designer - Karen Dawson
Wigs Supervisor - Jenny Dean
Costume Supervisor - Tracy Stiles
Resident Director - Ross Hannaford
Resident Choreographer - Amy Berrisford
Dance Captain - Taylor Scanlan
Early hinted production details include new costumes and make up for the first time in Asia, and a "new aria" and confirmed the use of Gillian Lynne's choreography. Rehearsals began on May 8th for the July 11th opening. The production kicked off on July 11 at the Haeoreum Theater of the National Theater of Korea in central Seoul.
- "The English [language] touring production of “Cats” is coming to Korea once again, after three years with a new cast and some touch-ups. According to Clip Service, the Korean production company that is bringing the upcoming “Cats,” the makeup and costumes of some of the cats have changed as well as the choreography.
- 'People who have seen the show over 100 times will really see the difference,” said Brad Little who will play Old Deuteronomy, the wise leader of the Jellicle Cats in the coming production. “People who have seen the show once or twice may feel like they are seeing the same show, but it’s the megamusical fans of ‘Cats,’ which we know there are many, that will definitely be able to pick out differences. They would probably pick out more differences than we actors can.' "
According to Tracy Stiles, the costume supervisor of the show, the production will include the new look of Grizabella and the revamped Growltiger scene. Rum Tum Tugger will be performed in the original way though, as it was done before the London revival opened.
For the first time in an Asian production, the UK style costumes, make up and wigs will be used. Therefore, the English team of supervisors, including Tracy Stiles, Jenny Dean and Karen Dawson, were brought to South Korea.
|Alonzo/Rumpus Cat||Kamen Knight|
|Gus/Growltiger/Bustopher Jones||Ian Jon Bourg|
|Carbucketty||Jal Joshua Lebumfacil|
|Cassandra||Taryn Donna Borman|
|Electra/onstage swing||Jazz Miller|
|George/onstage swing||Taylor Scanlan|
|Old Deuteronomy||Brad Little|
|Rum Tum Tugger||Will Richardson|
|Tantomile|| Mila de Biaggi|
Harriet Jarvis (by 01/18)
|Victoria|| Karina Russell|
Romina Villafranca (from 12/17)
|Swing / Booth||Ashlee Smith|
|Swing / Booth||Andrew Dunne|
|Swing / Booth||Ellie Nunan|
|Swing / Booth||Zachary Berger|
|Swing / Booth||Amy Berrisford|
- Gimhae - 29/6/2017 - 02/07/2017
- Seoul - 09/07/2017 - 10/09/2017
- Gwangju - 16/9/2017 - 19/9/2017
- Daejeon - 28/9/2017 - 8/10/2017
- Ulsan - 13/10/2017 - 15/10/2017
- Incheon - 20/10/2017 - 22/10/2017
- Goyang - 27/10/2017 - 29/10/2017
- Busan - 03/11/2017 - 19/11/2017
- Seongnam - 23/11/2017 - 26/11/2017
- Jeonju - 01/12/2017 - 03/12/2017
- Cheonan - 08/12/2017 - 10/12/2017
- Daegu - 15/12/2017 - 07/01/2018
- Changwon - 12/01/2018 - 14/01/2018
- Uijeongbu - 19/01/2018 - 21/01/2018
- Seoul - 27/01/2018 - 18/02/2018
- Taichung - 01/03/2018 - 04/03/2018
- Tainan - 08/03/2018 - 11/03/2018
- Taipei - 15/03/2018 - 18/03/2018
- Cats reached 2 million cumulative audiences in South Korea in December 2017.