Cats opened at the Carré Theatre in Amsterdam on July 18, 1987, and played until November that year. The production ran again from August 18, 1988 to October that year, and was ran a third time from November 1992 to August 1993.
The production used a set labelled NAP 12 set, although it was a different set than the one used in Zurich and on the UK tour (which was labelled NAP 12 as well). The set was built for the theatre's round circus-based stage.
- Associate Director & Choreographer: John Yost
- Directed and Choreographed by Gillian Lynne
- Associate Costume Designer: Rien Bekkers (after John Napier)
- Associate Scenic Designer: Paul Gallis (after John Napier)
- Lighting Designer: Steven Kemp (after David Hersey)
Snorrescha: Stanley Burleson (92?)
Antimakassa: Niki Romijn (88)
Demeter: Debbie Jenner ("long while" so probably 87 and 88 at least)